Terms & Conditions
Effective as of July 1st, 2023
Welcome on this Website dedicated to Valentino beauty (hereinafter the "Site").
For any request relating to your use of the Website, you may contact Us here.
- ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE
- VIRTUAL-TRY-ON FEATURE
- SKIN ANALYSIS FEATURE
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- Posting in all format, in unlimited quantity;
- The written press, unlimited number of publications;
- Publishing, unlimited number of publications, particularly publishing for purposes of in-house communication, including sales force and distribution network (wholesalers, retailers, agents, etc.), events, leaflets for congresses, tradeshows, stands, business to business communications, in the professional press, for an unlimited number of publications and/or quantities;
- Electronic, IT, digital, multimedia, Internet and Intranet publishing, via any websites (whatever the website and/or medium, including social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube or Dailymotion), unlimited number of inserts and broadcasts;
- Via any advertising media (including by way of advertising at retail outlets and on the L’ORÉAL Group brand products, (hereinafter each and together the “Media”).
- CODE OF CONDUCT
- Breach any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- Use Our Website in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- Publish or provide personal data that could be considered as "sensitive" data, including:
- data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs;
- membership of a trade union or syndicate,
- genetic or biometric data that allow personal identification of a human being;
- data relating to health;
- data concerning sexuality or sexual orientation;
- Convey any racist, violent, xenophobic, malicious, rude, obscene or unlawful comments;
- Disseminate any content that may be harmful, defamatory, unauthorized, malicious or infringing on privacy or publicity rights, inciting violence, racial or ethnic hatred or qualify as gross indecency or incitement to commit certain crimes or offences;
- Use the Website for political, propaganda or proselytizing purposes;
- Publish any content advertising or promoting any products and/or services competing with the brand(s) displayed on the Website;
- Divert the Website from its intended purpose, including by using it as a dating service;
- Impersonate any person or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- Disseminate any information that may directly or indirectly allow the nominal and specific identification of an individual without prior and express consent, such as their last name, postal address, email address, telephone number;
- Disseminate any information or content that may be upsetting to any person, including children;
- Intimidate, bully, insult, humiliate or harass others;
- Harm or attempt to harm minors in any way;
- Conduct illegal activities, including that may infringe anyone’s rights in and to any software, trademarks, photographs, images, texts, videos, etc.;
- Promote illegal content or activity;
- Disseminate content (including photographs and videos) portraying minors;
- Access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt any part of the Website or any equipment or network on which the Website is stored or any software used in the provision of the Website or any equipment, network or software owned or used by any third party;
- Transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); and
- Knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use this Website.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any contribution uploaded by you to this Website.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
- INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE WEBSITE
- PERSONAL DATA
- OUR WEBSITE IS ONLY FOR USERS IN THE UNITED KINGDOM
- DISCLAIMER AND LIABILITY
- Poor transmission and/or reception of any data and/or information via the Internet;
- Any external intrusions or computer viruses;
- Any defaulting reception equipment or communication networks; and
- Any Internet malfunction which hinders the proper operation of the Website.
- (i) where it would be unlawful for Us to exclude or limit Our liability; or
- (ii) to any liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- (iii) to any liability resulting from applicable product liability laws; or
- (iv) to any other liability for direct loss caused by our negligence.
- GOVERNING LAW AND DISPUTES
You may freely use the Website, without being required to sign in or create an account.
Our Website is made available free of charge. Additional fees for accessing and using the Internet remain at your charge.
The result of the experience (picture with make-up or hair-color) can be downloaded on your device and you may have the option to share it on social platforms. You are free not to use this service.
Pictures are not stored by Us, unless you use the sharing on social platforms, in such case, the picture will be stored for a period of 49 hours. The picture is deleted automatically after such period.
If you share the result of the experience outside of the virtual-try-on feature (through native features available in your device) We will not be involved in such sharing and no personal data shall be processed by Us as a result of such sharing.
The picture collected through this service is only used to perform the skin analysis and will be deleted automatically post analysis.
Developing this Website involved significant investments. The Website and each of the elements it comprises (i.e., brands, images, texts, videos, etc.) are protected by intellectual property rights. All such rights are reserved.
In the event this Website enables you to edit a picture (especially in order to virtually test a cosmetic), you hereby acknowledge and agree that the Website shall be only for your own private use in compliance with Our intended purpose. You shall not be authorised to make any use of this Website as may be detrimental to the honor, repute or rights of any third parties as described below.
b. Third-party rights
We hereby remind you that you shall secure all the necessary authorisations and rights from any relevant rights holders in connection with any content you may wish to post via the Website, including any and all intellectual property rights and/or literary, artistic and/or industrial property rights, and publicity rights (including the right to any person’s image), to allow your quiet use of such contents. For example, you shall secure the rights in and to any contents (especially photographs) showing items of a website, advertising designs or apparel designs that might appear (acronyms, logos, etc.).
c. User Contents
We may make available via this Website a space dedicated to user content, such as text, photos, videos, opinions, etc. (hereinafter "User Content").
By posting User Content via the Website, you retain all of your ownership rights in your User Content but you grant Us, for the legal protection period of intellectual property rights as defined by UK and foreign laws and international treaties, a royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive, worldwide licence, for the purposes described below, to reproduce, display, use, store, copy, modify, adapt, edit, distribute, translate, create derivative works from, incorporate into other works and distribute such User Content (in whole or in part).
Our use of User Content shall be authorised for all in-house or external, corporate or financial communication purposes, advertising, and for all public relations, historical or archival purposes, of L’ORÉAL Group or its affiliates, its products and/or its brands, particularly on the following media:
In addition, please note, any User Content may be referenced on a search engine and therefore be accessed by an audience outside the Website.
This authorization gives Us the possibility to adapt your User Content and/or make any clarifications to the User Content as We may consider useful, provided that the overall meaning / message of the User Content and your images shall not be altered.
Further, when using User Content, We may also use anonymized information such as your city, country or age. If you have expressly authorized it, We may also use information allowing your identification, such as your first name or your alias.
You warrant that your User Content will comply with applicable legislation and accepted standards of morality and with Our Code of Conduct, and you will be liable to us and indemnify Us for any breach of this warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
You agree that We will have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any User Content posted or uploaded by you to this Website constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
In addition, if you access User Content created by another user, you shall be required to comply with that user’s rights and you shall, in particular, not reproduce or disseminate such User Content published via other media without the relevant user’s prior consent.
Regarding the reviews that you may publish on the Website, you hereby acknowledge that L’OREAL France may translate and publish your review on its social media pages and on any foreign version of the Website (in particular: www.valentino-beauty.de, www.valentino-beauty.it, www.valentino-beauty.es, www.valentino-beauty.fr, www.valentino-beauty.at, www.valentino-beauty.be, www.valentino-beauty.nl, www.valentino-beauty.ch.
By using this Website, you agree not to:
If you consider that any User Content is in breach of the principles listed above, of your rights or any third party’s rights (e.g., any infringement, insult, breach of privacy), you may send a notice to the following email address: here, or by sending a detailed letter to the following address: L’OREAL France – 14, rue Royale – 75008 Paris, specifying in your email/letter the date on which you discovered such User Content, your identity, the URL, description of the reported User Content and the user ID of the author of the User Content.
Please be aware, inaccuracies and omissions may appear in the information available on this Website, particularly due to third parties. We hereby undertake to remove inaccuracies or to complete such information on the Website as soon as reasonably possible.
b. Advice and beauty profile
The information provided on this Website and/or the tools made available to define your beauty profile are merely simulations intended for obtaining expert cosmetics advice. It is provided for general information only and is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely.
The information delivered by this Website and/or the tools available are for strictly indicative purposes and shall in no event replace a medical diagnosis or clinical consultation, nor be substituted for a medical treatment. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on this Website.
Accordingly, We cannot guarantee your entire satisfaction with the information You gain from the use of this Website and/or the tools available and assume no liability for any use you may make of such information.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on this Website, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on this Website is accurate, complete or up to date.
c. Hypertext links
The hypertext links included on the Website may lead you to websites published by third parties, the content of which We cannot control. Clicking on any hypertext links and browsing any third-party websites shall be your own decision and your sole liability.
d. User-generated content not approved by Us
This Website may include information and materials uploaded by other users of the Website, including to bulletin boards and chat rooms. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by Us. The views expressed by other users on Our Website do not represent our views or values.
If you wish to complain about content uploaded by other users, please contact us using the contact details provided below.
Cookies are small files that are left on your device while you browse the Website (such as the pages looked up, the date and time of such access, etc.) and which may be read whenever you access the same Website (hereinafter “Cookies”).
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access the Website. You should use your own virus protection software.
Please note, the Internet and IT or telecommunication networks are not error-free and interruptions and failures can occur. We cannot provide any guarantee in this regard and shall not therefore be held liable for any damage that may relate to the use of the Internet and IT or telecommunication networks, including, without limitation:
The above exclusions of liability do not apply: